Company honored in nearly 20 categories by international utility communications organization
ATLANTA, June 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Georgia Power has been recognized by Utility Communicators International (UCI) as Communicator of the Year and took home the Best in Show award among 17 others in the annual Better Communications Competition held June 21, 2018, in Louisville, KY.
The awards, judged by industry peers, reflect Georgia Power's commitment to industry-leading customer communications. Strong, effective communications educate customers on how to stay safe, save money and energy, as well as learn of innovative products and services the company offers to meet their needs.
The award categories and Georgia Power's winning entries are:
- Communicator of the Year
- Best in Show
- Gold - Digital (SurgeDefender)
- Gold - Employee or Community Communications (We Help Because It's Home)
- Gold - Out of Home (SurgeDefender)
- Gold - Radio (Impossible Demands/Show Binge)
- Gold - Brand TV (Reliability/Service)
- Gold - Sales/Marketing TV (Marketplace)
- Gold - Public Relations (Hurricane Irma Response)
- Gold - Digital Property (Vogtle 3 and 4 Internal Site)
- Silver - Out of Home (APL Text to Find)
- Silver - Radio (APL GoGoGo/Check Out Checkout)
- Silver - Sales/Marketing TV (Simple Solar)
- Silver - Print (Marketplace)
- Silver - Sales/Marketing Complete Campaign (Simple Solar)
- Silver - Brand Complete Campaign (Economic Development)
- Bronze - Brand Complete Campaign (Reliability/Service/Value)
- Bronze - Digital (Budget Bill)
- Bronze - Social Media (Electric Transportation)
Georgia Power has been a longtime member of UCI, which provides a unique networking forum with members representing more than a hundred electricity, gas, water and alternative source utilities in the United States, Canada, and Bermuda. Incorporated in 1921, UCI is the first and oldest organization of its kind. Its prestigious Better Communications Competition is among the longest running awards programs for excellence in utility communications.
About Georgia Power
Georgia Power is the largest electric subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), America's premier energy company. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship are the cornerstones of the company's promise to 2.5 million customers in all but four of Georgia's 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy at rates below the national average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative generation mix that includes nuclear, coal and natural gas, as well as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Georgia Power focuses on delivering world-class service to its customers every day and the company is consistently recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.GeorgiaPower.com and connect with the company on Facebook (Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower), Twitter (Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower) and Instagram (Instagram.com/ga_power).
SOURCE Georgia Power
For further information: Media Contact: Media Relations, (404) 506-7676 or (800) 282-1696, www.georgiapower.com