Dr. Richard Pratt has joined the Southern Energy Consulting Group as Senior Natural Gas Consultant. With this new addition, Southern Energy will be able to further expand its consulting services. Richard will provide support to existing consulting activities with regard to fuel supply issues and pursue opportunities for stand-alone consulting assignments. Richard brings a broad range of experience to the Consulting Group. Contact him about Natural Gas and other consulting services.
Richard joins Southern Energy from the New York firm of Poten and Partners where he worked for three years as a senior consultant, following an eight-year assignment in the Arabian Gulf. His prior experience includes analytical, planning, commercial, and managerial roles in the oil, gas, and petrochemical businesses. Richard has a breadth of experience that will further expand the services offered by the Consulting Group. Following are highlights of Richards experience in the gas and petrochemical industry.
- Due diligence work on LNG and liquid fuels supply for lenders to IPPs in Puerto Rico and India
- Authorship of study on short term LNG trades
- Negotiation of gas sales agreements with European purchasers and Japanese power companies
- Analysis of gas markets in Asia, the Atlantic Basin, and the Mediterranean
- Commissioning and design of advanced discrete event simulation model of gas plant reliability
- Planning, coordination, monitoring and reporting of major capital projects in the UK North Sea and the Arabian Gulf
- Detailed analysis of UK gas market and supply infrastructure for UKs largest gas user.
- Identification of commercial opportunities afforded by deregulation of gas markets in the UK and Europe.
- Management and negotiation of joint venture agreements in the oil and gas industry, including tariff and equity structures
- Analysis of LNG importation prospects in New England, Maryland, and Georgia.
- Advice to potential LNG importers in India on preferred strategy for supply acquisition.
- Training course preparation and presentation on natural gas topics
The Southern Energy Consulting group provides a wide array of energy-related consulting services to utilities, industries, and governments. The Consulting Group is a part of Southern Energy, Inc., one of the largest independent power producers in the world. Southern Energys parent company, Southern Company, is the largest producer of electricity in the United States.