Your curtains and carpets arent the only things to consider when you begin your annual Spring cleaning chores. Give your appliances a thorough cleaning too and youll save energy and money this summer.
· Check and clean your refrigerators condenser coils on the back or bottom of your refrigerator at least twice a year.
· Replace your refrigerators door seal if you see cracks or signs of air leaking out.
· Dust or clean your light bulbs. Dirty light bulbs put our less light than clean bulbs. They also absorb more light.
· Check your air conditioners filters and replace or clean them every month -- especially during the summer.
· Clean your air conditioners outside condenser coils at the beginning and end of the cooling seasons by spraying the coils with diluted detergent and then hosing them down.
· Clean your dryers lint screen after every use and remember to check your washer for leaky faucet connections or hose cracks.